With the publics burgeoning desire for aesthetic and anti-aging treatments, comes an equal number of providers wanting to fill those needs. In days gone by, patients choose their cosmetic doctors primarily by word-of-mouth. Doctor reputations were earned by results and longevity used. While this still has significant importance today, associated with of paper and visual media and in particular the internet, has enabled a doctor to shape his credibility and reputation way ahead of what years of experience could similarly do. Such digital and electronic exposure could be extremely helpful or may possibly also be potentially deceiving to prospective patients.
Beyond the glitzy advertisements, well-crafted websites, and free seminars with wine and food, what are some helpful criteria that can guide patients on whom to trust to undergo the cosmetic knife, needle, or laser? Many for this most basic criteria are known and have been published many times elsewhere. Evaluating training, education, and board-certification are absolute basics and they’re relatively easy to influence. Of this group, the fundamental question is.are you board-certified.and in what specialty? Once past these basics, however, the next confidence level can only be gained in an actual consultation. Someone’s website can get one to the consultation chair, but what you learn vacationing more informative than any brochure if you exactly what to look and listen for. I would concentrate on these issues:
1) Did the consultation feel like an educational experience or a sales presentation?
2) Where treatment protocols presented and tool review.or was only one treatment approach
3) Was time given to answer all your thoughts.and a way to answer questions that may
4) Were actual before and after procedure photos performed by the doctor you are seeing shown or a method to view them provided?
5) Was dealing with actual patients whom have had the procedures offered regarding option? Were
these patients whom have had surgery had it involving past three months so that their memories are vibrant?
6) Finally, once home, did my doctor and his office feel right? Did the consultation send you to
feel softer and secure in your decision?
In the end, a psychological connection which includes sense of security is the final layer in the choice process that is built on a foundation with the doctor’s education, training and certifications.
SKIN CLUB – COSMETIC DOCTORS
150A Chapel St, Windsor VIC 3000, Australia
+61 3 9999 7368